Monday, January 13, 2014

Sleep? Yes, please.

I'm bone tired this morning.  Sleep eluded me last night, no matter how hard I sought after it.  When I would catch it for a few, something came to pull it from my grasp and hold it, taunting me. I'm exhausted...

I go back to work today after three weeks off.  I don't want to.  I'm just too tired.  In twenty minutes I am going to go upstairs, wake the masses and it all begins again.  The chaos of our lives.  I so prefer the quiet of a sleepy morning where my girls choose their waking hour and I precede it with my own.  I loathe the harps of my alarm (they really are harps, thank you iPhone) dictating when I rouse and reminding me that I get to be the harps for my girls.  I wouldn't be so dramatic if I weren't so tired...

So, today I will not be following my new regimen of spending time with God, blogging, then working out.  I will be exchanging the latter with a brief stint on the couch, catching a few more Zs until the melody of the harps comes and smacks me awake.  I will save being a morning person for tomorrow.  We'll see how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment