Saturday, January 11, 2014

Taking back my mornings...



I am not a morning person.  I like to sleep.  I don't do it nearly enough, so when morning rolls around I tend to ignore her with a cold shoulder (which I quickly cover with my comforter).  However, I am hoping to change my ways.  Not really because I want  to, but because I need to.  I have so many things I want to do and morning is a great place to start!  Initiating this is the difficult part, so starting tomorrow morning I will get up before the sun (wait, there's no sun in Indiana...).  Ok, I will get up with the birds and begin.  My plan:
  • Start with God.  I am going to meditate on the daily devotional I recently purchased (for free) and pray fervently for the Lord to be present in my day and that I may follow His path for me.
  • Write.  This is my outlet.  I need to do it.  For myself.  Daily.
  • Workout.  I will be forty in May.  My daughter said my stomach is like water when you smack it.  That makes me a little sick.  Come May I will have a rock wall for a stomach.  Damn you child honesty! 
I figure those are good goals to start with.  Having had three weeks off of my daily grind, I'm a tad rusty on setting the bell to wake the dead.  I'll slowly slide into this tomorrow.  Wish me luck.  See you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment