Monday, March 19, 2012

Halfway Marker- Day 12 of the Challenge

I have a hard time believing that all this change has come in less than two weeks!  I feel amazing and I'm down six pounds.  I measured my hips and waist this morning and I've lost two inches off each!  That is remarkable!  That's all in 12 days! 

I talked to my girlfriend in AZ tonight.  They had a SNOW DAY!  Holy Global Warming!  I was melting in my classroom (who thought they'd need to use the AC in March) and she was entertaining her kids on their day off school!  Oh the irony!  So, yes, it was another beautiful day in the midwest.  I'm sure we'll pay for it later.

Today was the usual for a Monday.  I was reluctant to get out of bed after the great weekend we had.  All this sunshine is making me long for Summer, and a good long break!  I did, though, and headed down to the kitchen for my Spark.  I mixed our shakes (I'm finishing up the strawberry and saving the last four chocolates until our next order arrives), readied our MNS packets,  and packed our lunches.  Leftover salmon over spinach and cucumbers.  It was so good I didn't even need dressing!  I packed some blackberries and bananas for dessert and a nut pack for snack.  I also made this smoothie, thinking it would be a good afternoon snack.  It's called the Green Goddess Shake.  I love kiwi and avocado, so I thought it would be a safe bet.  Clearly I did something wrong because I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be drinkable.  I'd have been better off dipping some chips in it.  :(  I will try it again with more almond milk and less avocado next time!  When you link to the recipe, know that I used a whole avocado, no protein powder and unsweetened almond milk.  I didn't have applesauce, so I did use only one apple, chopped.  I'm sure (when done correctly) it is great.  My suggestion is to follow the recipe...  I will try it again this weekend.

Tonight Pat went to Lafayette to hear a presenter speak about the Performance Enhancement line Advocare has for athletes (that's not me).  As a coach and an avid sportsman, he is very interested in this.  I am anxious to hear what he learned.  Since he had to drive a good ways, he missed dinner.  I made a good one, too!  Even my girls liked it.  My middle one said, "This is some good meat!"
I'll take all the praise I can get!  :)

I made chicken zucchini burgers.  They are really tasty!  I was skeptical when making the patties.  They are nothing at all like beef burgers.  Very sticky, and not really "easy" to mix.  However, they're worth the effort!  I didn't use any condiments, but next time I will put them on a bed of romaine and top with a tomato.  The girls went with the usual- ketchup.  I did find a recipe for clean ketchup, which I will try sometime when they aren't around to see me make it.  Some deception will need to be involved for them to try it.  I will probably have to wash the Heinz bottle and fill it, but who cares!  I served it with mixed veggies and (for the girls) organic tater tots!  Link to the recipe HERE.  I love that she has pictures to guide you through.  Unlike the smoothie, I did follow the recipe completely.  I removed some of the zucchini though.  It just seemed like a lot.  I hope you enjoy them.

Hope you had a wonderful Monday.
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment