Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spreading the word... Day 15 of the challenge

I feel SOOO much better today.  I guess I just needed a good night's sleep!  What a difference that made! 

I had a super day today.  I was starving when I got up, mostly because I didn't eat dinner last night (I felt too bad to eat).  I did things a little differently and had my shake right away.  It's amazing how filling those are.  I came up and got ready, did the usual and came down.  I packed my MNS pack, my H2O and Spark.  When I got to school, a few hours after I had my shake, I took my first set of supplements.  About thirty minutes later I ate a big snack (carrots, nut pack and an orange) with my "with meal" supplements.  Then I was ready for my lunchtime a few hours later.  I felt great and ate really well today.  I had a lean 6 oz sirloin (from Chili's) for lunch today because we ordered out for a co-worker's birthday.  It came with steamed broccoli.  YUM-O!  I realized that it's been over  two weeks since I've had any red meat.  It was really satisfying!  I Sparked after school and took my three catalyst capsules.  I had to make a run to the store for my veggies and some Jasmine rice tonight.  I tried another new recipe (delish).  My dear friend came over and while the girls went to practice, we had a nice healthy meal!  Tonight I had a glass of really good red wine, too.  Just one and very tasty.  It was a lovely evening.

I couldn't contain myself today, though.  I was touting Advocare all over the place!  Two of my close friends at school are ready to begin and I'm thrilled for them.  I cannot wait to be a part of their journey into a healthier self.  Pat couldn't wait to share with my friend who came over tonight.  But the best thing happened when she and I were walking to a neighbor's house to grab my youngest for dinner.  An old friend of mine happened to be leaving another neighbor's house.  I waved and she stopped, literally in the middle of the street.  She proceeded to tell me that she barley recognized me.  I said that it must be my new hair cut/color.  She agreed that was part, but insisted that I look different, younger, fitter.  After I paid her (just kidding) I explained what I've been doing with Advocare products and how they've changed our lives (that sounds so cliche', but in 15 days, I really have a whole new outlook).  I then sent her to my house to tell Pat she needed "sparked".  She left with one for her and one for her husband!  I can't wait to get her on board and see the difference it makes.  I LOVE sharing this with people I care about.  Who's next???


Here's the recipe for the ridiculously good chicken and rice meal I made tonight.  SOOOO good!  Enjoy!

Ginger Honey Chicken from Clean Eating Magazine

INGREDIENTS:

  • Olive oil cooking spray
  • 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce I used Bragg's Liquid Aminos
  • 1 tbsp lime juice
  • 1 tbsp raw honey
  • 2 tbsp freshly ginger, grated
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
  • 4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with a thin layer of cooking spray.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together next 6 ingredients, creating a marinade.
  3. Place chicken into prepared baking sheet and brush with marinade. Bake chicken for about 30 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
  4. Serve chicken on a bed of brown jasmine rice and your favorite steamed vegetables. Instead of steaming veggies, I roasted yams, mushrooms, red peppers, and zucchini with olive oil and garlic salt at 400 for 20 minutes.  Perfect!!!
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 152, Total Fat: 1.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 6 g, Fiber: 0.5 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 27 g, Sodium: 376 mg, Cholesterol: 66 mg

Tomorrow is Grandparents' Day at school- wish me luck!
See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment