Friday, March 16, 2012

I love a parade (sung in a Broadway voice)- Day 9 of the challenge

What a fun day we had!  Everyone is tuckered out tonight- myself included!  We got up early today.  I had my Spark and catalyst and headed downstairs for my Maximum Capacity workout.  Today was hard, starting with elevated push-ups on the ball!  After my workout, I took a quick shower, then had my fiber drink.  After getting myself and two of my three ready, we headed out with bottles of water and my chocolate meal replacement shake in hand.  We met up with some friends and made our way  downtown for the St. Patrick's Day parade!  Everyone was decked-out in green and we even broke out the sunscreen!  I cannot remember another time when my girls had to wear sunscreen for St. Patrick's Day! 

What a fun parade it was!  I was interviewed by the local news station about the weather.  The girls had 3,000 Dum Dum suckers and Tootsie Rolls, and they got to see their daddy and grandpa walking in the parade.  I'd say a good time was had by all!  We left hot, sweaty and ready for naps- which no one took!  I had brought my catalyst with me because I knew I would not have a snack before lunch, so I took those in the car.

When we got home I made lunch for everyone.  I had a spinach salad w/leftover Asian chicken and balsamic.  The kids ate fast so they could go out and enjoy more of the sunshine!  After cleaning up, I had another Spark. I went to the door to find our recent Advocare order had arrived, so I unpacked our goodies and got those put away.  We got some Post-Workout Recovery which I am anxious to try.  That is one area I have had a hard time with.  It's vital to fuel your body correctly after a good workout, and I'm not good at doing this in a timely manner.  Your body needs good protein within 30 minutes of working out and I never get this done.  These shakes will be such an easy way to do just that (plus we ordered chocolate, and if they're anything like the meal replacement I'll be working out more just to have them)!

We were invited to eat out with some good friends tonight.  Red Robin it was.  Not the healthiest place to eat, but I was determined to make it work.  I had a grilled chicken breast with Mexican spices, a side salad w/no dressing (just basically mixed greens and diced tomatoes) and salsa.  I squeezed a lime over it and seasoned with some black pepper.  It was good and very spicy!  I think I did ok with that meal, but honestly, I've made better dinners lately!  I came home and took my Omegaplex.

It's almost time for bed and tomorrow is another busy day.  We have our first soccer tournament of the spring season!  It's also the last day of the cleanse for us.  I look forward to the next phase. 

Oh- by the way, Missouri lost tonight...  so much for my stellar research!  :(
See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment