Sunday, March 18, 2012

Must be just like livin' in paradise!- Day 11 of the challenge

Seriously, I sound like a broken record, but this weather is amazing!  It's like May in March!  Ironically, my BFF lives in Sedona, AZ.  They got SNOW today!  She lives in the desert!  It's really sort of scary, but I'll take the sunshine and warm temps everyday of the week. 

We started the Metabolic Nutrition System today.  I'm doing the MNS Max E (for sustained energy) and Pat's doing the MNS Max C (for craving control).  It's uncharacteristically easy.  The vitamins needed are in their own packs, labeled for when to take them.  Of course, we began the day with Spark and Catalyst, then a meal replacement shake.  The only difference is that we have these little packets of supplements to take.   I feel really great.  For lunch Pat went to Chipotle and we had our favorite naked burritos (no tortilla).  We had some trail mix for snack and an apple later in the day.  I was not at all hungry in the in-betweens.  Instead, I was fully of energy.  I helped Pat in the yard, getting our outdoor patio set back up.  It's probably my favorite place to be.  I've been known to nap on our little loveseat while reading.  Not today, though.  :)

Because we got our outdoor living space back in working order, we decided that outdoor dining was the perfect option!  I'm suddenly addicted to salmon, and I made the soy grilled salmon again.  It's too good.  Because we are no longer are cleansing, I was able to add honey to the marinade (I omitted it last time).  I used organic honey, and again used Braggs.  We didn't have green onions tonight, so I omitted those, too.  For a our side I made Moos-cous (recipe follows).  It was really good and I'm so glad I had whole wheat cous cous on hand.  I wilted some spinach to put under the salmon, which was a great base.  Another winning dinner in my book!

Moos-cous (Mushroom Couscous)- adapted from http://www.backtotheroots.com/blog
1 T. olive oil
1 medium white onion, finely chopped
1 cup chopped pearl oyster mushrooms ( I used baby bellas)
1 cup uncooked couscous
1 1/2 cups chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth

In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat, then add the onions. Saute the onions, turning frequently, until translucent (about 3 or 4 minutes). Add the mushrooms, continuing to turn them frequently, to cook for another 4 minutes. In a separate pot, heat the chicken stock until boiling. Add the couscous, stir, cover, and remove from heat. Let the couscous stand for 5 minutes, then take off the lid and fluff the couscous. Toss in the onions and mushrooms and serve. 


It's funny the difference 10 days can make.  I'm anxious to see what this next phase brings.
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment