Thursday, March 15, 2012

March Madness is upon us! Day 8 of the challenge

Anyone in Indiana during the second week of March will tell you that there is only one thing to do- watch basketball!  I actually "researched" my picks this year.  I looked at percentages, read predictions, checked rosters, and guess what... I'm already 9 of 11.  Not bad!  Unfortunately, I had Wichita State playing KY in the sweet sixteen.  We'll see how my research pans out. 

Speaking of research, Pat and I have been doing more reading lately about our product line and the different supplements offered.  We're like kids in a candy shop!  The possibilities are really limitless in the number of ways that we can enhance our wellness and increase our health!  We ordered some new products a few days ago, along with some business supplies.  Seven days done and we are ready to shout it from the rooftops!  I am excited to learn more about everything so we can share it with our friends and families. 

Today was a great day.  Another unseasonably warm and sunny day.  I was hungry today.  I haven't really been that hungry on the cleanse, but today I definitely was.  Today was also the first day I have had any desire to eat something unhealthy!  I started the day with the usual Spark, and today we added the fiber drink back into our routine.  After getting ready, we headed down and had our shakes along with our probiotic capsules.  I must say that the chocolate shakes are ridiculously good.  I always feel very satisfied when I leave for work.  It was around 10:00 when I began to feel hungry.  I was able to eat a couple handfuls of trailmix while the kids were working.  I took them to music and then came back to eat an apple.  Much better!  When lunch rolled around an hour and a half later, I was hungry again!  I ate leftover lettuce wraps and a banana.  Literally, withing two more hours, I was hungry!  I had three catalyst capsules and a Spark. 

Today was especially busy right after school because my middle daughter and two of her friends had to be at the movie theater for a special school viewing of The Lorax.  My other daughters were less than pleased that they didn't get to stay for the show, so I took them to have an ice cream treat at Handles.  I have not had any problem sitting by while others enjoyed treats in front of me, but I looked at Maggie's cookie dough ice cream cone and got weak in the knees!  I was hungry AGAIN!  I was good, though.  I didn't even lick my fingers when I held her cone.  :) 

We headed home and I had some more trail mix and put some limes in my water.  I am still in awe at the amount of water I drink.  I was such a Diet Coke addict before.  Anyway, that helped and I did my running around without much thought to food- until about two hours later!  So, three more catalyst capsules and I started dinner.  It was delicious!  Baked tilapia and roasted asparagus!  Recipe follows.

Roasted Asparagus with Pine Nuts (Adapted From the 24 Day Challenge Cookbook)
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 1/2 pounds asparagus
1 large shallot, thinly sliced (I used red onion)
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
Freshly ground pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350° F. Spread pine nuts in a small baking pan and toast in the oven until golden and fragrant, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl to cool. Increase oven temperature to 450° F. Snap off the tough ends of asparagus. Toss the asparagus with shallot, oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet with sides. Roast, turning twice, until the asparagus is tender and browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
To serve, toss the asparagus with the pine nuts.

Here's the Tilapia recipe .  If you are on Pinterest, feel free to follow my 24 Day Challenge recipe board. 


It's nearly bedtime now and I am not hungry.  I cannot recall another time where I have been so hungry in a day.  Maybe I do have a metabolism after all!  I think I'm going to have to find some more satisfying snacks.  Shouldn't be hard with all the support we are getting from everyone!

Until then, keep watching the boys play basketball.  I know I will and I've got my money on Missouri- literally.

See you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment