Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sharing the wealth- Day 13 of the challenge

What a busy day!  It's close to ten and I'm still not done!  It's days like today I am so very grateful for my renewed energy!  I finally got up early and did my workout!  I am so bad about hitting snooze.  Since Pat got home so late last night, we stayed up talking until almost midnight.  Regardless, I got up and did my Maximum Capacity workout.  I did some light weights and crunches, too.  I got started on the rest of my morning in my usual way. 

For my snack today I had some mixed nuts which I love.  I'm so glad they are pre-portioned because I would honestly eat troves of them!  For lunch I ate the leftover chicken/zucchini patty with romaine lettuce, some carrots and for dessert- blackberries and bananas.  YUM! 

After school I had my favorite Spark and some Catalyst while I cleaned up the kitchen and took the gals to soccer.  My baby girl and I tidied up the rest of the house because I had some friends over tonight to share product information with them.  I know that I am truly invested in this for the right reasons after tonight. I was looking at three people that I know and love, who I know would benefit from Advocare, and my sole purpose was to have them feel well.  I don't care if I make a dime, I just want those people that I care about to feel as healthy and positive as I.  That was a really empowering realization and solidified for me why I'm doing this.  I'm so thankful that I have the opportunity to share with them. 

Dinner tonight?  Rushed!  I heated up some leftover salmon and had an apple.  I finished it off with a spoonful of natural peanut butter.  Not gourmet, but did the job! 

So I have to share with you some (vain) positives from today.  I have a favorite pair of jeans (who doesn't) and they have been much tighter lately than they were a few months ago...  until tonight.  I put them on and not only do they fit well, the little pooch of chub (as I call it) that peeks over the sides is GONE!  That's enough to make my heart sing :)  AND- a friend noticed tonight that my arms are looking more cut!  Even better, someone told Pat today that he looks YOUNGER!  Talk about feeling like a million bucks...  we sure do right now!  Am I ready for a bikini?  Not yet, but that day is in the not too far future!  I never thought I'd say that... 

Tonight Pat and I are going to try a product to help us get a restful night's sleep- Sleep Works.  It's a liquid vitamin and an herbal supplement.  I tend to wake at night and have a hard time falling back to sleep (my mind works overtime most days/nights).  Let's hope this gives my thoughts a rest.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment