Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 1 of the Challenge

Today we started the 10 Day Cleanse.  We began the day with a mix of Spark and the cleansing powder together.  The Psyllium Husk is grainy, but we both agreed that it just tastes like a glass of OJ with pulp.  About thirty minutes later we both enjoyed a strawberry meal replacement shake.  Admittedly, the shake was tasty and satisfying!  Then we continued the daily hustle and bustle to get the girls in their respective places and get ourselves to work.

I am a teacher, so I have a very predictable schedule.  Around 10:30 each day I get a 35 minute break.  I usually snack at that time.  Typically it's some carb-laden snack, but today I cut up an apple and dipped it in 1 Tbsp. of  natural peanut butter.  I had also had a handful of grapes (our healthy snack during ISTEP week)!  I was not at all hungry the rest of the morning.

Lunch for me is at 12:30 each day, but I rarely make it there on time.  After recess we are usually busy with the "business" of teaching- grading, emails, phone calls, so I'm usually in around 12:40.  Today was no different.  I had packed lunch for both Pat and myself the night before.  Spinach salad w/red peppers, celery, carrots and straight balsamic vinegar.  I have to say how much I love balsamic.  I have a bottle of white and a bottle of traditional.  They are both aged over 15 years and were gifts from friends who know my affinity for vinegar!  If you're going to dress your salad in straight vinegar do  yourself a favor- don't skimp.  Get the good stuff.  Thank me later.  :)  I also ate a hard boiled egg.  I was comfortable, and for the first time in a long time, I did not want chocolate.

After school was the usual hurry-scurry to get the kids rounded up and dropped where they needed to be.  I drank a Spark and took three Catalyst capsules, which helped.  Our evenings are generally busy with homework, sports, extra curricular events and all of the other things that go on.  Dinner, however, is a priority.  We sit as a family at the table as often as we possibly can.  Tonight we had "Terrific Grilled Chicken" (see recipe below), steamed broccoli and long grain rice.  I loved the chicken.  My girls liked it a whole lot better after dousing it in ketchup...  We took our four Omegaplex capsules, too.  After hearing all about the girls' days, we cleaned-up and finished our nightly routines.Our snack tonight was some cut pineapple (really sour).  In a few minutes I will finish with the Herbal Cleanse packet and hit the sack.

With the exception of intentionally eating more fruits and veggies, I had a very normal day.  I will warn you however, I drank a TON of water.  This resulted in several trips to the bathroom.  Luckily, I teach big kids- I can leave the room from time to time!
See you tomorrow!



Terrific Grilled Chicken from 24 Day Challenge Recipe Collection (open the link on the right side)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp onion powder
Ground black pepper to taste
Seasoning salt to taste (I did not use this)
2 tsp dried parsley, cilantro, or oregano- whichever you prefer (I used basil and parsley)

Dip chicken in lemon juice and arrange in large baking dish.  Sprinkle chicken breasts with seasonings and discard any remaining lemon juice.  Grill

No comments:

Post a Comment