Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Go Tell It On the Mountain- Day 6 of the challenge

It was another beautiful day here!  75 degrees and sunshine spilling over!  Everyone seemed in a better state of mind.  This morning we did an abbreviated version of our favorite workout before we jumped in the shower.  Maybe I'm crazy, but I think my arms look more toned already!  Might be wishful thinking, or my new rosy outlook, but either way, I can see a change.  Did I mention that we're both down five pounds?! 

The morning was uneventful, and we followed the day 6 plan with a probiotic packet  and our meal replacement shake.  I had a Spark when I woke-up, too.  Today I was hungry at snack time, so I ate some trail mix and an orange.  For lunch I had left-over Caribbean Chicken over spinach and orange peppers with balsamic vinegar.  I had an egg, too.  Very yummy!  For my afternoon snack I had 1/2 an apple and natural peanut butter because I knew dinner would be light.  We had a meeting to attend.

Stacey and Rollie, our friends who introduced us to Advocare, invited us to go to the monthly meeting for Advocare tonight.  It was remarkable to hear all of the success stories and see first-hand the changes that the products have made in people's lives.  When I was a kid I used to go to church camp every summer.  While there we would go hear sermons everyday, worship together, pray.  I'd leave filled with spirit.  They called it a mountain-top experience.  You go home and want to share the "good news" with everyone you come into contact with.  That's what tonight was like.  No, I'm not saying that this is my new religion- I'm a good Catholic girl- I'm saying that the information people shared, the stories, the investments are inspiring.  This product, this business, it's something that needs to be shared.  I am excited to do just that!  Maybe it's the two Sparks I drank, but it was a "mountain-top" experience for me!  :)

Since we went to the meeting, we didn't get to have a yummy dinner.  Instead we had carrots, hummus and the rest of the leftover chicken.   Thank goodness our refrigerator is brimming with fruit, veggies and healthy snacks.  In the not-so-distant past, we'd have had a bowl of cereal and called it a night!  Those days are behind us.  Tomorrow I will make Asian Chicken Wraps.  I'm pretty sure they serve Chinese food on the mountain-top. 

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment