Thursday, March 29, 2012

Knee deep... Day 22 of the challenge

Ever heard that Zac Brown Band song?  I don't know many of their songs, but that one immediately takes me away to the beach.  Maybe it's because Jimmy Buffet sings w/him, but as soon as it comes on I feel like vacation is on the horizon! 

Actually, it is on the horizon.  Tomorrow in fact!  I've spent the night packing, doing laundry, packing.  My lovely husband made us some whole wheat pasta for dinner tonight.  Nothing fancy, but still a family favorite!  We are getting up early to pack the van and head to Gulf Shores.  Our house will be heavily guarded by Navy Seals and landmines.  Oh, and Murphy!  Just thought you should know up front...

Today we bought car snacks.  We loaded up on nuts and fruit.  In the past we'd have gotten Pringles, pretzels and Starburst.  It will be interesting to see how the ride goes.  We always pack a cooler which will have waters, pre-mixed Spark/Rehydrate, and lots of fruit.  No pop this year.  :)  I have some books to read and a People Magazine, the girls have The Muppetts Movie, and Pat has the road. 

I cannot wait to get to the beach.  We will be running/walking in the sand, lounging by the pool and spending quality time with each other and our friends!  That's what vacation is all about.  Making memories!  I'm sure I'll have plenty to share.

See you in a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment