Monday, March 12, 2012

A new point of view... Day 5 of the challenge

Halfway cleansed!  We are five days into the 10 day cleanse, and I'm quickly noticing the difference in small areas of my life.    I feel great, too!

Today was the usual, busy day.  I slept through my alarm today, so the morning workout I had planned didn't happen!  I overslept by almost an hour.  Luckily I made our lunches the night before because there was little time for anything this morning!  Yesterday we began the probiotic capsules in the morning, so no fiber drink.  I stuck with the chocolate meal replacement shake (now my favorite).  We have a travel shaker for the drinks.  It's really handy and I use it nearly every morning for both our shakes.  I have to tell you that I didn't shut it all the way and shook it...  I'm still cleaning chocolate shake from nooks and crannies in our cabinets!  Note to self...  :)  Anyway, we sped out of here this morning, very rushed!

I was not hungry at snack time today, so I had three catalyst capsules and a pink lemonade Spark (so yummy).  For lunch I ate a hard-boiled egg and some of my leftover dinner from last night (Chipotle).  I have tried at least five different strategies for the perfect hard-boiled egg.  I cannot get them right!  Today's suggestion is to heavily salt the water.  I've not tried it, but I will next time! 

We had a staff meeting today after school.  My school is really amazing.  We go all out for everything.  Even staff meetings!  They had cookies, M&Ms, pretzels, dip, Doritos, veggie tray, every kind of pop, brownies...  you name it.   Teachers love to eat!  I have never NOT eaten at a staff meeting.  There are too many choices.  Today was different, though. 

I have been on several health and fitness journeys.  I've learned many things about nutrition.  Regardless, I have always loved my sugar!  When I did Weight Watchers I'd go without food for lunch just to eat cake that night (I did the same for wine, too).  When I would look at a brownie, it was like greeting a good friend, like hugging your favorite aunt.  Today I didn't see that.  Today I looked at the Doritos on the plate and realized that I had no desire to eat them.  Instead, I was perfectly content with the carrots, celery and veggies on my plate.  I literally had NO craving for any of my former favorites!  I cannot tell you how liberating this was for me.  I really feel like these last five days have truly cleansed me.  I think purging the sugar and refined foods from my system has changed my perspective!  I'm so grateful!!!

Tonight was busy, too.  I got home later than usual and we quickly started dinner.  It was AMAZING!  I had grilled salmon.  The recipe is here.  If you enjoy salmon, try it.  It was delicious!  I also roasted broccoli for the first time.  I garnished it with lemon zest and the juice of half a lemon.  Very tasty!  Dinner was great!

We had our omegaplex after dinner, and now are getting ready to snuggle in after we take our herbal cleanse pills.  Another day is waiting.  Let's hope I hear my alarm!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment