Friday, March 9, 2012

T.G.I.F.- Day 2

I don't know about you, but Fridays kick my butt!  I am worthless by 9:00!  Tonight is no different.  After a week of ISTEP I'm spent.  It doesn't help that I was up three nights this week until after midnight to finish the third Hunger Games book (can't wait for the movie)!

I didn't start the day tired, though!  I woke up this morning and went down for my Spark/Fiber drink.  Got ready and then had a vanilla meal replacement shake (so far I like berry best).  By the time I got to school I felt like a million bucks!  I have not felt that good in a very long time!  The sunshine outside was a really nice bonus, too.

I ate well today.  For my morning snack I ate a couple handfuls of trail mix and half an apple w/natural peanut butter.  For lunch I had a spinach salad w/red peppers and celery with a can of tuna mixed in.   Again, I dressed it with white balsamic vinegar (AMAZING).  I had a hard boiled egg, too.  I was really full after lunch.  Again, I drank quite a bit of water with the same results :0)! 

When I got home I had another Spark and three catalyst capsules.  My energy was still up, which was so nice!  Friday nights are usually spent at home and we uncork a bottle of wine and Pat and I talk while we make dinner.  I will admit, I missed that glass of wine tonight.  Small price to pay, though...
Instead, I headed to may newest obsession- Pinterest.  If you've not gotten on Pinterest don't start!  It's a dangerous time sucker, but I cannot quit.  It's a well-organized board of Internet bookmarks.  I have a new board that I've devoted to clean meals and recipes for the 24 day challenge.  Tonight's dinner was one such recipe- Spicy Lime Tilapia.  YUMMO!  We put that with some brown rice.  Pat really enjoyed this meal.  It was too spicy for the girls, but again, there's not much that ketchup can't fix. 

We took our Omegaplex capsules and headed out for a night of shopping with our ladies.  Now home, we are getting ready to call it a night.  Tomorrow starts another day closer to a healthier me.  We start our workouts tomorrow morning.  I'm so lucky to have a husband who is on the same page with me through this.  It's important to have a like-minded person to help you along this journey.  I'm liking how it's starting!
See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment