Wednesday, March 14, 2012

When Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy... Day 7 of the challenge

Boy, was I grouchy this afternoon!  I didn't start off the day like that, just the opposite, but as the day went on- Grrrrrr...

I got up this morning and took my last day of just probiotic.  Tomorrow we have the fiber drink w/our probiotic.  We are rounding home on the cleanse.  I began the day w/my usual Spark and three catalyst capsules.  I went with a strawberry shake today after I had gotten ready.  I made one for Pat too, and put it in the fridge.  He forgot it though!  His school is near a Subway, so he went there to see if he could find something acceptable for breakfast.  He did!  He had an egg white sandwich (using the egg whites for "bread") with spinach, and other veggies and pepper.  That's it.  He loved it and it was only three bucks!  This is a big deal because it proves that Pat is invested and working hard.  It's not easy for him to change his diet.  He has never had to.  He wants to be healthier and his choices this morning show that he will be!  I'm so glad we're doing this together!

Anyway, the day was usual.  An apple for snack, salad w/tuna and balsamic for lunch (still LOVE it), and trail mix for my afternoon snack.  It was after lunch that I got so crabby!  Sometimes it's hard to be Mom, Mrs. M, and just me.  It's even harder when I have to be all three at once!  I know, boo hoo, but sometimes I just want to be anonymous.  Just shut the door, and be alone!  Remind me that in a few years when my kids are gone and it's just Pat and me...  Regardless, I was cranky!  I was taking it out on everybody and that is not good.  I decided to have a Spark, and that did help some, but what really changed my mood was going home and jumping on the treadmill!  I was in a much, much better place after walking and running for 20 minutes.  In fact, I felt so good that I continued with some light weights, too!  I should have done that a lot sooner!  My kids would have surely appreciated it!

For dinner I took another 24 Day Challenge recipe and created a good meal.  We had Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps (recipe follows).  We used large (washed) Romaine leaves to hold the meat and I shredded some carrots to top them with.  I dressed them with a bit of Bragg's Liquid Aminos.  We really enjoyed them.  The girls?  Not so much...  My middle daughter ate the meat, but the others weren't impressed.  They're grumps.  Maybe they need to work out!

Asian Lettuce Wraps3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
 5 cloves chopped garlic
 1 small onion, finely chopped
 1⁄4 cup Liquid Aminos (A safe soy sauce substitute)
 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
1⁄2 tsp ground ginger
 1 dash allspice (or a dash each of ground cloves, cinnamon, and black pepper)
 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar- I used Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar,
 Optional: 1 small can of crushed pineapple (I didn't use any)
Bean sprouts and large leafy lettuce for wrapping (I omitted the sprouts and added shredded carrot)

Place chicken in a slow cooker. Add onions and garlic. Mix the liquid and spices together and pour over chicken. Cook on low about 4 hours. Shred chicken in slow cooker and serve on lettuce with bean sprouts.  Because I was short on time, I cooked it on high for two hours.

I did change some things up today.  I started the day with Catalyst capsules (3).  I took three more after school, but I also took three before I worked out this evening.  I want to see results, so I am going to continue to up my dose on the days I workout.  I will be starting boot camp again next week, so I am excited to see the difference this makes!

Tomorrow is a new day.  I am going to be a nicer, gentler person- at least for a few hours...  :)

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment